I host a booth at my local farmers market and for years people would ask me, “What do you do?” And I use to have trouble answering it. Yes I’m creative and I make stuff but I’m also a mother, blogger, fitness professional, foodie, nature lover and many more descriptive words. One day I decided to glue it all down. Literally.
- Start with self discovery. What kind of lifestyle do you want? How do you want to feel & look in 1, 2 or 3 years? What do you like to do for fun that involves movement?
- Search for inspiration. Look for magazines, blogs or Pinterest for image and words. Magazines are my favorite because you can do part 3 with them.
- Collect words and images that inspire you. Cut and glue them on art paper. I use water color paper because it can handle the weight of the glue without warping. I also use decoupage glue instead of a glue stick.
- Display your creation in a prominent place. Be proud of the work you did and look at it often. It will motivate you when times get rough.
- Create or modify a new one as needed. We are in constant change. Our cells are regenerating and so much goes on in our daily lives. If an old vision board isn’t serving you than create a new one.
I created several versions of vision. A flat poster to display on the fridge and an accordion styled vision board. The one above usually lives by my windowsill. It’s one of my favorite things to look at because it has so many elements that I enjoy.
For an added bonus I did this excercise with my children and they loved it. The cork board above was an Ohana, family, project. My kiddos cut out images that they wanted and I arranged it in a snug design to reveal our idea of Ohana health.
Goals and dreams are all laid out for me to revisit often. I truly enjoyed doing this and I hope you try it out. The whole process is to align what you see with what you desire. If you want a healthy body than make sure to add images that support it. NOT a model or someone else’s body but things that will support your journey. For example: I want to loose 20lbs and like to hike; I’ll find images of trails and nature.
Need help organizing your thoughts and creating a schedule click here.
Want to be apart of my virtual class and need more info, comment below. I’ll be working with several individuals online to plan, create, schedule & do.
What you see in this blogpost is part of the fun process. PEACE Be the Journey.