How to stand out as a fitness professional or holistic practitioner when there’s a ton of coaches and gyms. First of all relax I’m going to share with you my number one favorite tip. Before I do let me tell you the five things you need before trying my #1 tip.
Here are the five things you need before moving on.
- Get your basic biz stuff like name, logo, legal info and phone 📱.
- A website. Facebook and Instagram doesn’t count as YOUR website. (If you want to know why comment below and I’ll answer it.) It can be super simple or complex, the idea is to have online territory.
- Have a blog on your site. You don’t have to do anything major except upload images of your events or class info. This will keep your page active and fresh for search engines.
- ONLY use the social media you like and understand. Unless you’re hiring a VA. (Virtual Assistant) This will help you maintain a consistent edge. Make sure your profile images match your brand.
- Make a web-card. Different from a biz card because it’s just going to contain your websites.
My #1 tip to advertising your specialty is to… MEET PEOPLE!
Local farmers market charge between $20-$35 for the day. Fees vary by city.
Grab a booth space, set it up and meet people. That’s all folks.
Your goal is to meet people and handout web-cards. But wait until you’ve intrigued their curiosity. Don’t just stand at a booth and say, “Here’s my card.” Build a connection and then tell them how they can learn more about you or your services.
People to people connection is more important today than ever before. It seems that the deeper we get into high-tech we require high-touch. That means we need community builders and that’s exactly what fitness professionals can become.
I started off as a Zumba instructor but have morphed into a community builder. I’ve also partnered with MAKE MAHALO planners to add a special touch to my services. I’m definitely not the same instructor I was 5 years ago.
So get out there and meet people, shake hands and smile. You might be the only light in someone’s dull world.